YOU MUST READ THESE RULES BEFORE POSTING

32369 views 45 replies
Reply to Topic
jag

Total Posts: 33

Topic on Oct 09, 2012 09:53 AM
I know everybody must be wondering what just happened if you are regularly following the website.

Yes, I deleted all the topics & replies, because the forum & website were going in wrong direction and I was getting way too many complaints to handle this myself.

Now since it's a fresh start, i'd like to lay down few rules

1. DO NOT SHARE/REQUEST/ASK COMMERCIAL FONTS
2. Respect other people on the forum
3. Use common sense!

That's all for now.

P.S. if you do not follow the rules, your account might get blocked! simple.

scinizm says
Reply on Oct 09, 2012 10:05 AM
I take note of

SixSquare says
Reply on Oct 09, 2012 01:39 PM
OMG .. bad news. Ur reason also acceptable.

But we guyzz ... mostly agreed on sharing in a specified manner like chainlink in hidden word,not sharing link openly and etc.
that will also not acceptable now ???? (asking) :/

Reply on Oct 09, 2012 05:35 PM
Wow....to think this is all because of BUYFONTSORDIETRYING!

jag says
Reply on Oct 09, 2012 05:47 PM
SixSquare said:

OMG .. bad news. Ur reason also acceptable.

But we guyzz ... mostly agreed on sharing in a specified manner like chainlink in hidden word,not sharing link openly and etc.
that will also not acceptable now ???? (asking) :/

Ahh, nah not allowed anything as such .. sorry :(

Richellelee87 said:

Wow....to think this is all because of BUYFONTSORDIETRYING!

Nop, it's not because of him or her or whatever, it was getting way over too much to handle.. BFOD was just cherry on the cake i guess.

hkxnali says
Reply on Oct 09, 2012 07:01 PM
I thought Texans liked big forums not small ones...you must not be a native Texan, Jag.

Jay says
Reply on Oct 09, 2012 07:37 PM
The owner of this forum did a pretty good job of repacking almost everything I saw posted here, and sorting them into threads by type foundry. Although they don't come up in google search like the threads on this forum do/did

audiopimp says
Reply on Oct 09, 2012 08:58 PM
I did try to warn everyone. Thanks to those who listened,
and thanks to those who participated.

audiopimp says
Reply on Oct 09, 2012 09:04 PM
Just out of interest what does the MQ ' + button mean? I can't seem to find its meaning any where.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marilisa says
Reply on Oct 09, 2012 09:36 PM
Jag, enjoying what appeared to be a site member to talk to us, I ask that the site does not require the download executables with each fonts.

I confess I rarely low free fonts here, because of this inconvenience.

tks

Reply on Oct 09, 2012 10:22 PM
audiopimp said:

Just out of interest what does the MQ ' + button mean? I can't seem to find its meaning any where.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think is for "message quoted"

mindwar says
Reply on Oct 09, 2012 10:46 PM
É questão de horas dessa merda de forum ficar as moscas.

mv118 says
Reply on Oct 09, 2012 11:55 PM
@ Jag,

Why is there a FONT REQUEST option in the pull down menu of the Post New Topic?

This is contradictory to this posting/rules.

Michelle

ShotRu says
Reply on Oct 10, 2012 12:26 AM
MQ is for Multiquote, allowing to mark several messages for later quoting before replying

icmihrak says
Reply on Oct 10, 2012 12:33 AM
This forum will be dead if we can't share as we like. Is this forum a totalitarian country like the one Iive in?

Jay says
Reply on Oct 10, 2012 12:34 AM
@mv118,

Good point. Just like any other file sharing site/forum... it's meant for this purpose. It banks on others' creations in exchange for massive traffic, which translates to significant revenue from the ads you see on this site to the owner (jag). Of course, since hes making money off of the site, for him it goes beyond internet naughtiness to serious potential legal issues. So as a technicality, he has to define those rules.

It's like setting up a gun store in a war zone and saying the guns are only to be used for home safety... the owner knows what he is doing

jag says
Reply on Oct 10, 2012 10:15 AM
Jay said:

@mv118,

Good point. Just like any other file sharing site/forum... it's meant for this purpose. It banks on others' creations in exchange for massive traffic, which translates to significant revenue from the ads you see on this site to the owner (jag). Of course, since hes making money off of the site, for him it goes beyond internet naughtiness to serious potential legal issues. So as a technicality, he has to define those rules.

It's like setting up a gun store in a war zone and saying the guns are only to be used for home safety... the owner knows what he is doing

Well, just to clarify here.. its not like any other file sharing / forum for performing illegal activities, else I wouldn't have deleted everything.

The reason for not monitoring the website personally myself is it doesn't generate enough cash to pay the bills, so I have to work in real world which leaves me very little time to monitor this forum for illegal sharing of fonts.

Still it doesn't mean that commercial fonts will be shared.

ospunk says
Reply on Oct 10, 2012 08:51 PM
a great forum, but from the beginning I Inmagine where not hide the download links there starts the problem because mediafire is blocking everything on their servers, and in fonts101 forums can only be shared free of commercial sources became the history, I invite you to visit www.typoblur2.ven.bz is a private forum and registrations are open! good morning

mv118 says
Reply on Oct 12, 2012 07:55 AM
I have a question regarding, why some ppl have points and not others???

I have 10, and the members that also show points it's 10 point as well...

Other members that have been here longer than me, no points??

What is this all about????? It's driving me NUTS!

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

jag says
Reply on Oct 12, 2012 09:19 AM
mv118 said:

I have a question regarding, why some ppl have points and not others???

I have 10, and the members that also show points it's 10 point as well...

Other members that have been here longer than me, no points??

What is this all about????? It's driving me NUTS!

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Points have been disabled for everyone. The forum had this feature of people earning points by doing various activities. but we are not using that function.

mv118 says
Reply on Oct 12, 2012 09:53 AM
ahh GOT IT... THX!

NicolaFox says
Reply on Oct 15, 2012 04:53 PM
So i just came back after a long vacation... then this???
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Things will never be the same.
:(

Reply on Oct 16, 2012 11:06 AM
Sooo where IS everyone going, since this forum is basically dead apparently? Just DM me.

numero9 says
Reply on Oct 16, 2012 05:21 PM
Same, I'd appreciate a DM.

Xubuntu says
Reply on Oct 25, 2012 03:03 AM
Due to new changes this forum dying slowly!

Thanks to those of of the past will helped build the forum back in day. Gliff, rusc, fontsforme, CountryMouse and the many others whose names over the years I forgot.

Xubuntu (formerly known as Freefonts 2008 -2010)

mv118 says
Reply on Oct 25, 2012 03:57 AM
I have a QUESTION where were you and all these folks you just mentioned when the trolls where here on the site harrassing everyone and sending Reports to Jag, the admin ???? You can read through the threads, and none of these names nor yours posted a comment FOR the site/forum!

Nor, may I add, are you here regularly active, or post the rules to newbies or oldbies unaware of the rules to their share request post.

Xubuntu says
Reply on Oct 25, 2012 08:56 PM

@mv118
Where was I? I am always around,though I don't log in and post as often as I used to, my daily visits have dropped off to biweekly visits now. There are many people sharing fonts now thus there is no need for me to carry the weight anymore.

A Little History:
In 2008 the forum was active with posts but no one was sharing links to fonts except Gliff ,myself (Freefonts) and two others. At that time some foundries contacted Jag about font sharing on his forum and he deleted some posts. Thus I started doing what some others did before me: only post links to fonts to those who emailed me. Which worked for a year or so. Then I got burned out , left the site for awhile and others starting sharing links again in forum instead of through email.

I came back as Xubuntu and have been posting links since 2010 as well as CountryMouse. With so many people posting links there is no need for me keep the forum running,it runs well by itself. After all fonts101 is not my site I'm just an regular user like everyone else.

As for trolls that's the price you pay for having a forum to easily obtain fonts you would have normally would have to pay for. fonts101 is not private forum and easily accessible to anyone. With all the font sharing occurring in forum over the past 4 years I'm surprised it has lasted this long! Believe me, thanks to this forum over the years it is far easier to obtain fonts then it was when I started building my collection in 2008.

btw, Gliff, rusc,fontsforme have not been in forum since the site changed in 2010, when in response to all the font sharing Jag required everyone to create an user account and log in to post in forum. Before 2010 anyone could post in forum,using any name,no log in required.

how the forum used to look:
http://thumbnails.domaintools.com/screenshots-com/2012-10-25T15:15:30.000Z/_l3dq7xvv7KyaSMnFMwWQdWJPck=/fonts101.com/fullsize/59745c4a94c6d7e14ba0c86d1d9c4f81/1211934070.jpg

Xubuntu says
Reply on Oct 25, 2012 09:02 PM

@mv118
Where was I? I am always around,though I don't log in and post as often as I used to, my daily visits have dropped off to biweekly visits now. There are many people sharing fonts now thus there is no need for me to carry the weight anymore.

A Little History:
In 2008 the forum was active with posts but no one was sharing links to fonts except Gliff ,myself (Freefonts) and two others. At that time some foundries contacted Jag about font sharing on his forum and he deleted some posts. Thus I started doing what some others did before me: only post links to fonts to those who emailed me. Which worked for a year or so. Then I got burned out , left the site for awhile and others starting sharing links again in forum instead of through email.

I came back as Xubuntu and have been posting links since 2010 as well as CountryMouse. With so many people posting links there is no need for me keep the forum running,it runs well by itself. After all fonts101 is not my site I'm just an regular user like everyone else.

As for trolls that's the price you pay for having a forum to easily obtain fonts you would have normally would have to pay for. fonts101 is not private forum and easily accessible to anyone. With all the font sharing occurring in forum over the past 4 years I'm surprised it has lasted this long! Believe me, thanks to this forum over the years it is far easier to obtain fonts then it was when I started building my collection in 2008.

btw, Gliff, rusc,fontsforme have not been in forum since the site changed in 2010, when in response to all the font sharing Jag required everyone to create an user account and log in to post in forum. Before 2010 anyone could post in forum,using any name,no log in required.

how the forum used to look:
http://thumbnails.domaintools.com/screenshots-com/2012-10-25T15:15:30.000Z/_l3dq7xvv7KyaSMnFMwWQdWJPck=/fonts101.com/fullsize/59745c4a94c6d7e14ba0c86d1d9c4f81/1211934070.jpg

mv118 says
Reply on Oct 25, 2012 09:09 PM
sorry I don't read newspapers

but irrelevant of how it used to be, It used to be dif. when I joined; this is now

Xubuntu says
Reply on Oct 25, 2012 09:16 PM

mv118 says
Reply on Oct 25, 2012 09:25 PM
...yea you come to mind with those words and MANY others I can't post. DO NOT project who you are on me! Not gonna work!

You're a PERFECT candidate who needs an update, read the rules!
http://www.fonts101.com/c/forum/topic/10084/Help__Support/YOU_MUST_READ_THESE_RULES_BEFORE_POSTING

p.s. you've been a member 2 yrs exact. that means you've been a member of the forum as of Oct. 2010. In that case I'm gonna start telling stories from 2000... Even the site Admins Registration date don't go that far into 2008, the earliest are March 2010, it's in public display.

Reply to Topic

Font'O'Day List

Please enter your email address receive a free font daily from Fonts101.com in your Email!