sources disappearing

2285 views 6 replies
Reply to Topic
kiko

Total Posts: 151

Topic on Dec 14, 2012 04:09 AM
sources disappeared from my PC

Windows 7, Vista and XP users that installed the latest update from Microsoft on Tuesday,
December 11th are reporting that Postscript OpenType fonts have disappeared from applications.
This issue is not unique to LHF fonts, but affects all Postscript OpenType fonts installed.

The remedy is to set update settings to: "Check for updates but let me choose weather to
download and install them" and then uninstall the update from yesterday by doing a system
restore to an earlier point.

Until Microsoft has discovered what the issue is, DO NOT install any updates for Windows.

Ocean says
Reply on Dec 14, 2012 04:24 AM
Back UPs !!! :-)
(also the Linux and Apple folks here)

Lower Case says
Reply on Dec 14, 2012 04:35 AM
Some TT fonts too.

Microsoft idiots!

mv118 says
Reply on Dec 14, 2012 05:29 AM
OMG this applies to ME !

ethel says
Reply on Dec 14, 2012 07:04 AM
Waaaaaa!! Time to backup my Fonts!

Lower Case says
Reply on Dec 14, 2012 07:16 AM
No need to back-up your fonts (any more than normal); this update doesn't effect the fonts, just how some software displays them.

It is update: KB2753842 which can be found under: Control Panel > Programs > find that particular update and delete it. Your fonts will then display as normal as before this retarded update.

Also: Don't set your MS updates to "Auto", rather, set it so that you must be notified before any updates are installed.

kiko says
Reply on Dec 14, 2012 07:20 AM
@Lower Case Indeed this is it.

Reply to Topic

Font'O'Day List

Please enter your email address receive a free font daily from Fonts101.com in your Email!