OTF not printing in Word

4222 views 2 replies
Reply to Topic
TheSeptemberRose

Total Posts: 39

Topic on Jan 02, 2013 04:31 PM
Does anyone know why this is happening?

I purchased Parfumerie.otf and some of the characters get cut off, and sometimes they don't.

Can anyone give me some guidence?

Reply on Feb 09, 2013 10:43 PM
You can Googling the issue and see what is offered as causes and solutions. I have no idea because I haven't experienced this issue.

"One of the problems of sharing files cross-platform is font incompatibility. OpenType fonts are Adobe and Microsoft's solution to font sharing. But cross-platform use is only one feature of OpenType fonts. They also have other benefits including simplified font management and more efficient typesetting.

Here's what you need to know about OpenType fonts: .... " -- http://desktoppub.about.com/od/fonts/a/opentype.htm

mv118 says
Reply on Feb 09, 2013 11:27 PM
It's very simple... MS Word is NOT an OT compatible software.

You purchased Parfumerie, but especially some OT large swash fonts are not always compatible with some softwares. To see them in full effect it's BEST to use OT specialized software such as Adobe InDesing (the offer 30 days free trail :)) or Illustrator.

If you want it for print (on paper) but can't get an OT compatible software, you CAN SEE it perfectly in print, which is the good thing...that is a quick "for now" problem solver if you need it right away, you just need to do a few print tests; while you can purchase an OT specialized software.

Reply to Topic

Font'O'Day List

Please enter your email address receive a free font daily from Fonts101.com in your Email!