Maybe you can help please?

3082 views 7 replies
Reply to Topic
lov2teach

Total Posts: 3

Topic on Jan 04, 2013 08:54 PM
Hello! I posted the note below the dotted line over on Font Support 21 days ago (December 13)....had lookers but no one has responded.

After you read what I have written before, I would like to know these two things:
1. I would really like to know if the same thing is happening to others when they try to download. Obviously, there are some folks who are downloading but I just don't know why I can't!!

2. Is there something I can do differently so I can successfully download fonts from here? BTW, turning off my virus protection is not an option!!

Thanks in advance for your help!!
Distressed Donna (lov2teach)
----------------------------------------------------------
Hello, Just wanted to pass along something that I think you would want to know. When I tried to download a few fonts, Norton stopped them because it keeps detecting a virus....I wanted to try this myself even though I've read on four blogs that other folks are having the same issue. Bloggers are posting links to your site to get fonts, but no one wants to download them when they read that several are detecting a virus.
When I download fonts from other sites, I download the font as a zip file or just by itself. I see on your site that the download files are .exe files......Why the .exe file?
Anyway, I'm not sure how the traffic has been on your site....actually how many folks are successfully downloading multiple fonts when they visit (like I do when I go to a font site)....but thought you'd want to know what others and myself are experiencing.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Fontrunner says
Reply on Jan 05, 2013 04:07 AM
Moderator (Jag) should answer your question. Meanwhile, believe in your antivirus.

Cooknks says
Reply on Jan 05, 2013 05:33 AM
Unfortunately that question has been asked a few times, but as yet I have not seen any answer or replies.

Personally I don't download fonts from any site that uses autodownloaders or exe files.

Another note, I have yet to see a single free font on this site that could not be found on the other free sites that do not use exe files.

Reply on Jan 06, 2013 03:45 AM
I NEVER use an installer or exe .... Even when I buy fonts from MyFonts, I get the zips and not the builder version

If you really want something you have found, Google it and you will find it elsewhere.

Cooknks says
Reply on Jan 06, 2013 07:57 AM
I agree TxF. I use the desktop download option as well.

I am a little weird, but I download the entire Myfonts order as 1 zip, then go back and download each items zip individually.
(I put the entire orders zip on a backup external drive and single zips in my licensing/bought folder)

lov2teach says
Reply on Jan 12, 2013 10:02 PM
Thanks for your replies and your input. I'm wondering why "Support" hasn't answered my initial post from Dec 13 or even this one.

Also I don't understand if the only way to download a font here is to do it by the .exe file, why are folks downloading from this site? Some fonts have A LOT of downloads!!

Finally, I'm just curious.....if ya'll don't download from this site, why are you still coming to this site?

Pixiel says
Reply on Jan 13, 2013 01:30 AM
Good question lov2teach...I use the forum as a "social network" it keeps me updated of what is happening in the world of fonts and its part of other social networks...so if you are really interesting in download fonts you'll find great resources on the forums...and this is a public forum..which means you can search or surf resources without participating, wish implies time and frequency.

Cooknks says
Reply on Jan 13, 2013 12:48 PM
As Pixiel mentioned, it really has become a nice little community and I have made good friends here, plus I get introduced to new fonts that I might not normally have seen.

I can add to my own personal wish list and when you follow the posting rules you won't believe how helpful the group is, be that in identifying fonts, ideas of similar fonts and more. ;)

Reply to Topic

Font'O'Day List

Please enter your email address receive a free font daily from Fonts101.com in your Email!