Nick Curtis

3278 views 10 replies
Reply to Topic
TxFontaholic

Total Posts: 161

Topic on Feb 02, 2013 12:25 PM
I just saw this. Really sad.

If anyone would like to show support for this wonderful font designer, that would be a blessing

http://www.nicksfonts.com/

Pixiel says
Reply on Feb 02, 2013 12:55 PM
Gulp...is time to do something!...thanks for share TxFontaholic.

Mandy Lane says
Reply on Feb 02, 2013 03:29 PM
Jaunty Gent NF (Nick Curtis) ;)

Reply on Feb 02, 2013 05:54 PM
Very sad none of us here is rich financially, but I believe we have many other gifts that make us extremely rich our health, our family, our friends or our force simply for doing something good. I believe many people here must have enjoyed good fonts created by Nick Curtis. It is a duty to help a typographer who has given so much to others especially when he is in a situation as catastrophic, I think this is our chance to do something good for someone, here is a forum where friends help each other and show good will in order special which is always done. I think leaving as a typographer Nick go through difficulties is not something worthy, many still seek their work things freeware. So if you like the fonts it this effort in any amount can make a difference in your life and in his life. Help, what do I ever did was possible, with my few financial conditions'm a hard worker and like many here I have bills to pay, but I know that helping others makes me understand more about myself.

ethel says
Reply on Feb 02, 2013 07:42 PM
Thanks for sharing, TxFontaholic. I've sent him a very small donation.. can only afford a small amount, but I hope it helps a bit! :(

dfusion219 says
Reply on Feb 03, 2013 01:17 AM
It's being discussed in length here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/todayilearned/comments/138ryc/til_that_nick_of_nicks_fonts_one_of_the_most/#c71wcq5

Reply on Feb 03, 2013 02:53 AM
I am sure any amount helps. If 100 people sent a dollar.... well, you see how that would go. :-)

Reply on Feb 03, 2013 03:04 AM
I just skimmed through the Reddit thread. Man... some people are harsh as hell!

Had to stop because it was ticking me off.

Alcoholism is an illness, a disease. Some people are functional alcoholics... they can manage to keep up with a job and drink too. My Uncle Dudley (RIP) would work all week and be drunk from Fri evening until Sun night.

Others are just social drinkers... not alcoholics... just drink when they are in a festive environment and usually never at home unless there is a party.

Others start off drinking to cope with emotional issues, usually abuse of some kind and their body becomes physically addictive to the booze. This is the kind that is very hard to stop because they may have blackouts and go into DT's.

People who are judging NC for trying to help his wife have never walked in his shoes and they should be counting their blessing that they haven't either! He'll figure it out but kicking him now, when he is struggling is a "blaming the victim mentality". Sorta like a bully would do.

My 2cents (and I do have a college degree in Substance Abuse Counseling and years of experience working with addicts and paroled Sex Offenders who used drugs and alcohol as their excuse.)

Cooknks says
Reply on Feb 03, 2013 11:54 AM
A couple people on here know how big of a fan of Nick Curtis I am and that Reddit thread ticked me off as well.

I have bought a lot of his fonts because they are usually priced very low & I love the retro, western and art deco style that most of his are in those genres.

I even bought his master collection a few years back, but I will be donating to him for this and wish him and his wife nothing but the best.

Mark

Reply on Feb 03, 2013 01:18 PM
You're a good man Mark. Bless you too!

DM80 says
Reply on Feb 05, 2013 02:26 AM
Mark, my man!

Thx TxF

Reply to Topic

Font'O'Day List

Please enter your email address receive a free font daily from Fonts101.com in your Email!