stand up fonts for mdf letters

3041 views 7 replies
Reply to Topic
cockney

Total Posts: 2

Topic on Apr 12, 2013 12:26 AM
Hi please could someone help me i have been looking for weeks and weeks for fonts that can use to cut out mdf letters can any one help

or tell me how to make them but i am very good on a computer
i say thanks now to any one that can help me Tom

mv118 says
Reply on Apr 12, 2013 02:04 AM
Hmmm what exactly are you asking here?

Pixiel says
Reply on Apr 12, 2013 02:52 AM
Those are wood (mdf) pieces?...so what are you looking for?...where you can buy the pieces or the base font with which they were made?

cockney says
Reply on Apr 12, 2013 03:28 AM
Hi what i am doing i have a cnc machine and want to cut out the letters but i do need them to stand up just like the photos thanks

Pixiel says
Reply on Apr 12, 2013 03:48 AM
Sorry, I can't help, I don't know how cnc machines works and still don't understand if you need the pieces of mdf or just to know name of font (TT - OT) or some kind of 3D model software or if you need just pictures or imagens to work in a special format. In any case, I don't know what font is or if in a forum like this you can find what you asking for, might be in a more specific cnc machines forums.

mv118 says
Reply on Apr 12, 2013 04:11 AM
you're sooooo in the wrong place, you need a forum of arts and crafts projects

scinizm says
Reply on Apr 12, 2013 04:12 AM
@cockney: You can use Corel Draw or Adobe Illustrator to cut a vectorized letter as you like and export the file to your CNC Machine Software, in DFX format.

macz74 says
Reply on Apr 12, 2013 02:32 PM
Do you want a sans-serif, a serif or a slab-serif? There is a huge amount of fonts, so at first you should find out which type you would like to use.

Afterwards, if you want to cut it out, you should look after fonts who are solid and very basic in shape for e.g. Helvetica Bold or Rockwell, Times in a bold version works also fine.

Reply to Topic

Font'O'Day List

Please enter your email address receive a free font daily from Fonts101.com in your Email!