Protest

2801 views 8 replies
Reply to Topic
raphaelroxter

Total Posts: 171

Topic on Jun 25, 2013 10:30 PM
Should I withdraw from forum posts?

Hello friends. I am a longtime member of the forum and see that the long one else helps me. I individually yielded many fonts always attending various individual applications. I wonder if there's something wrong, I know many here are part of other forums, because I saw within them actively participating. I've always been here as a friend and welcoming place to share and make good friends. It desejodos moderators that I remove the forum, I think about it anyway entristesse always had good will to all and would like to keep this cycle, but if I became inconvenient or something then I can retire. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Pixiel says
Reply on Jun 26, 2013 08:46 AM
Ey Rapha! don't feel bad, I rarely see or enter the forum now, I lost the interest a while ago for the same reasons you say and some others...but I still have a few friends in private and you know that if I can help you always count with that, just ask by PM...this forum will never be what it was, but some of us are still listening the violins until the boat sinks!

mv118 says
Reply on Jun 26, 2013 11:14 AM
I agree with both... Only thing is that it seems like only the same and very few members are contributors, which seems to be a little unfair... Pix has ALWAYS been a contributor along with Kiko and few others...

Reply on Jun 26, 2013 04:45 PM
Thank Pixel and Michelle for giving me an answer, I particularly always helped those who asked me, in fact I'm not a massive distributor, but rational, to all my friends who ask me something I'm delighted to help, but I am very sorry about the progress of the forum posts often. As said there are many people who do not have the spirit of camaraderie and friendship cultivated at the beginning of this house. But okay I apologize if I caused som uncomfortable, and I offer todoo well consider the same act in my rendering, I will always be available for what you need when you want something rquisitar please feel free to ask me thank you, especially for the friendship of you.

sofi says
Reply on Jun 26, 2013 06:01 PM
I agree with you. And I think this forum is for only some. When I first join here it was a friendly and fun forum, that's not the case anymore. I used to have many I thought of as my friend, but I don't think they are now??? I have always helped those who asked, and still do.

Reply on Jun 26, 2013 09:33 PM
I have found too that the forum has changed, not sure what is going on, but there as wonderful people who have helped me alot

Marilisa says
Reply on Jun 26, 2013 11:37 PM
unfortunately the forum almost over!

I received a lot good fonts, and I gave all I had.

it is difficult to raise the forum again.
I miss people who were active, and for various reasons do not post more.

Anyway .... follow as possible!

sorry for the poor english, is a translation of google, laughing.

khaosdark says
Reply on Jun 27, 2013 03:20 AM
Not sure whether this might help:

1. Each site essentially possesses its own "identity"... its own niche...
2. What kind of "font-oholics" do you wish to attract?

Fonts101 was my very first introduction to searching for a specific font... so, I have a soft spot for the site... but a growing number of folks were asking for types that had just been released hours previous on myfonts... a bit silly, really...

I do not mean to be critical of those that look for cute types for simple craft work or party invitations (those types are an important part of any collection)... but a huge percentage of requests over that past few months were for these cute types... while few were requesting types such as from Lumin from Typotheque, as an example...

It is challenging to weave a somewhat clear path of the "identity" Font101 should play... this is not a challenge for any single "leader", but rather, for the masses/members of the forum...

And, at the end of the day, if the members are more largely looking for "cute types" or "professional publishing types", or anything in between, or all of the above... then the "market's voice" will be voiced and heard...

Finally, this PM alternative is a bit cumbersome... adding a few steps, but also, I tend to loose sight of who has what, and who to PM, etc... a long-term alternative is to switch software front-end to allow for hidden links, etc...

Anyway, hope this helps to stimulate a dialogue...

Khaos

FS101 says
Reply on Jun 27, 2013 05:00 AM
I remember when I started, all this had a lot of activity, now this is a little different.
:|

Fontrunner says
Reply on Jun 28, 2013 05:38 AM
I too am a long-time member and from even longer ago with a different avatar.

These are the problems as I see:

1. Searches find everything in the posts too easily.
2. Non-commercial fonts have limited appeal.
3. Spyware. You can't download free fonts now without an exe that runs & tries to install God knows what. Sometimes some of the popups contain viruses, according to my security prog.
4. Too many come here just to leech, never contribute.
5. The rules put many off.
6. Ever since the "Laura Worthington" big-gun threats, everything has gone downhill. Then of course we had the change of policy fiasco, enough said. Even audiopimp, the deputy Marshall, has walked out of town.
7. I spend a lot of time on other forums now. No, I won't tell you which. I know some of the others go there 'cos they use the same ID.

Having said all that, a handful of you are VERY GENEROUS AND HELPFUL. I tried to be likewise. Now I pop in every few days and I don't really get inspired even to investigate the posts.

I really don't know how the site keeps going. The generated income can't now amount to much.

Anyway, I like to remember the good times.
So long, everyone.

Fontrunner says
Reply on Jun 28, 2013 12:30 PM
Just so you all know, I have been censored. I posted a relevant and analytical reply here yesterday and it has been removed. It particularly referred to spyware on the site and to issues in the past which led to the decline. Why don't you just shut up shop, Jag?

Reply to Topic

Font'O'Day List

Please enter your email address receive a free font daily from Fonts101.com in your Email!