Tahoma Look Alike

5404 views 1 replies
Reply to Topic
Tom

Total Posts: 2

Topic on Dec 28, 2016 08:03 AM
I have a loan document that was created in November 1991 by an attorney using an early Apple or McIntosh computer, probably a Mac SE. (could have also been an early PC) The computer is long gone and my attorney passed away in 2006. I think he was using word perfect and some sort of business form software created for Apple. The type face in question is identical to Tahoma but Tahoma was not introduced until 1994. I'm told that Tahoma is a knock off of several other fonts that were in use decades ago and may have been created by Susan Kare or Adrian Fruitiger. Could also have been some form of Gothic. Can anyone confirm my suspicions or has anyone used that early business form software I am referring to? Your help is appreciated.
Sincerely,
Tom

Kevin1990 says
Reply on Jun 21, 2017 07:44 PM
I have a loan document that was created in November 1991 by an attorney using an early Apple or McIntosh computer, probably a Mac SE. (could have also been an early PC) The computer is long gone and my attorney passed away in 2006. I think he was using word perfect and some sort of business form software created for Apple. The type face in question is identical to Tahoma but Tahoma was not introduced until 1994. I'm told that Tahoma is a knock off of several other fonts that were in use decades ago and may have been created by Susan Kare or Adrian Fruitiger.
Could also have been some form of Gothic?. Can anyone confirm my
suspicions or has anyone used that early business form software I am
referring to? Your help is appreciated.

Sincerely, Tom

Well, I`m not sure too, but it actually looks like some early form of Gothic (or  Blackletter). It has a lot of different styles as like Textualis, Schwabacher, Fraktur and a lot of other forms.

Reply to Topic

Font'O'Day List

Please enter your email address receive a free font daily from Fonts101.com in your Email!