font download ????

5473 views 9 replies
Reply to Topic
firefly448

Total Posts: 3

Topic on Oct 12, 2012 01:10 PM
why am i getting exe file to download a font ?

Lower Case says
Reply on Oct 12, 2012 08:29 PM
I've asked this before too and never got an answer.

Anybody?

mv118 says
Reply on Oct 12, 2012 08:57 PM
It's very simple... U just uncheck every box, there are 2 as u move forward with the download process... Back when downloading here made me uneasy, after completing the download, I'd run my Norton... But now I don't. I keep my laptop clean on a regular basis with several antivirus removers, exe are not always bad, u need to become familiar with the site and software you're downloading... There's other font sites that have the same download type as this... I used to skip on these fonts, and miss out on a font I wanted. Not anymore.

firefly448 says
Reply on Oct 12, 2012 10:14 PM
i dont see anything to uncheck only zip file above font to download (exe file)

mv118 says
Reply on Oct 13, 2012 01:09 AM
hmmm Don't click on Save button, click the Run instead...
I think your hitting the Save, therefore saving the exe file to your pc

the following diolog box will have a checked box, uncheck it hit next.... there another checked box... uncheck and click next... at this point ur almost done downloading... u'll see downling happening, click Finished when download is complete

And THAT'S IT

The font most likely is saved on a zip file on ur desktop, at least that's how mine does, and I open the zip file and install the font by dragging the font doc into the font file in my Windows systems Font File, b'c I have Windows XP, but for Windows 2007/2010 I believe you click-open the font doc, and click Install on the upper righto-hand button, it'll automatically install and close... but you need to MAKE sure it is installed, then you can simply delete the font file saved on ur desktop...

firefly448 says
Reply on Oct 13, 2012 03:11 PM
the only option i have is save or cancel nothing to uncheck or open when i click on the download font zip icon above the font, its a font installer ? i was just looking for the font

Cooknks says
Reply on Oct 14, 2012 03:52 PM
I've also wondered that as well and is why to date I have never downloaded a font strictly from the Fonts101 site. (Just links to ttf's or otf's from the forums)

I tried the instructions MV outlined but I do not get the run option either and no boxes to uncheck. It must be a browser or operating system thing.

Lower Case says
Reply on Oct 14, 2012 08:34 PM
Cooknks said:

I've also wondered that as well and is why to date I have never downloaded a font strictly from the Fonts101 site. (Just links to ttf's or otf's from the forums)

Same here, and it's perplexing as to why an exe is downloaded, and why no clarity is offered on this matter.

Jag?

Reply on Oct 23, 2012 01:47 AM
I am having the same problem. I didnt use to but now I do.

Xubuntu says
Reply on Oct 25, 2012 02:26 AM
Last year since so many newbies were asking how to download fonts the site started having exe files to help Windows users download fonts. Linux & Mac users are allowed to download the original font file in zip format.

Personally I think it's dumb idea have use exe file to download a font when every site only allows downloads of zip,tff or otf format. For Windows users my advice is download the font you want for a different site like da font ,1001freefonts, fontspace, etc.

Reply to Topic

Font'O'Day List

Please enter your email address receive a free font daily from Fonts101.com in your Email!